The best BaByliss hair dryer can shave precious time off your morning routine, extend the life of a haircut by months and get your day off to a great start. Choose badly though, and you run the risk of painfully long dry times, untameable frizz or even irreversible heat damage.
Top 10 Best BaByliss Hair Dryers in the UK 2021
1. BaByliss Super Power 2400 Hair Dryer
BaByliss claims that its ion technology means less heat is needed for an enhanced shine and healthy finish. The powerful, reliable motor is great for drying thick hair quickly and the range of heat settings allowed our panel to achieve their desired styles, be that straight and sleek or maintaining natural waves. It was lightweight and easy to hold, with 80% of testers saying they would continue to use it.
2. BaByliss Salon Pro 2200 Hair Dryer
A decent option if you don’t fancy splurging on a next-level techy hairdryer, but still want quality. Yes, it’s a little noisy, but it’s got plenty of settings so you have lots of flexibility when it comes to drying. Plus, who can argue with that price?
3. BaByliss PRO Keratin Lustre Dryer
This dryer is powered by 2300-watt long-life AC motor, so, in plain English it’s going to ace a really quick but smooth blow-dry.
Along with ionic tech that keeps static at bay, it’s also infused with keratin, which is going to create a smooth, silky-feeling finish.
4. BaByliss Diamond Hair Dryer
Who wouldn’t want hair with the glossy brilliance of a diamond? BaByliss promises this and more with this hair dryer which uses fancy diamond-infused ceramics and active ionic conditioners to give hair its best shine.
It certainly is powerful, meaning a much faster overall dry time. Its light weight also meant that I didn’t get achy arms from holding it over my head – always a plus. There are two speed and three temperature settings, although the switches go in a reverse direction to the other models which admittedly does feel odd.
All in all, Diamond Radiance is a decent dryer at a price that won’t break the bank – but it probably won’t give you that easy salon-finish easily either.
5. BaByliss 2100 Salon Light
BaByliss has been synonymous with hairstyling since the 1960s, but its Salon Light 2100 is packed with modern technology. BaByliss claims the motor provides twice the air pressure of conventional hair dryers, and despite its low price, the BaByliss 2100 Salon Light also has a ceramic heating element to keep temperatures under control.
The results speak for themselves: hair is dry in minutes and free from frizz or heat damage. If drying speed is top of your list, the 2100 Salon Light fits the bill. It’s pleasingly light, which makes for ache-free drying of even the thickest hair, and a 3m swivel cord makes tangled cables a thing of the past.
6. BaByliss Big Hair Care Hot Air Styler
The beloved Big Hair blow-drying brush just got even better with the in-built Sensor Protect, which manages the heat for kinder styling. The large, rotating barrel delivers big and bouncy blow-dried hair that looks fresh from the salon with the ease (and price tag) of an at-home tool.
7. BaByliss Travel Pro Hair Dryer
Let’s be honest, when looking for the best travel hair dryer, you don’t want it to take up too much space in your luggage, you don’t want to spend much on it, but you do want it to give you one heck of a blow-dry. You can rely on BaByliss. This travel version is just as good as it’s full-sized dryers, because it doesn’t compromise on it’s power, it folds neatly down and comes in under £50. Perfect.
8. BaByliss Elegance 2100 Hair Dryer
If you’re not of those who judge by the cover, here are the other benefits the BaByliss 2100 Elegance can deliver to users. Fitted with Ionic technology, it effectively reduces static and frizz, making your hair ultra-smooth and silky. Add to that the heat balancing ceramic technology that evens out the hair cuticles, and you’ll get a perfect tool that can bring out the natural gloss and lustre of your locks without overdrying them.
9. BaByliss Travel Hair Dryer
This dual-voltage travel hair dryer is a big hit with seasoned travellers. It’s compact, with a foldable handle, and lightweight at just over 500 grams — features praised by more than 500 pleased customers, including people who regularly travel for work as well as people with joint issues. At 2,000 W, this compact dryer also meets the mark in terms of power: it works as effectively as the larger hair dryers.
10. BaByliss Speed Pro 2200 Hair Dryer
If you like to set your hairstyle with a cold shot, this BaByliss hair dryer is the top pick for many Amazon customers — the cold shot is in addition to three heat settings and two speed settings. The setting on this model feels genuinely cold, even if you use it after cranking the hair dryer up to the highest heat. (The same setting is often called a ‘cool shot’ on other models.)
How to choose the right hair dryer
- Ionic technology creates negative ions that break up water molecules in your hair, smoothing it and preventing flyaways. Positive ions can be directed at the roots to boost volume.
- Ceramic or tourmaline heating elements are thought to be less damaging to your hair than metal ones, as they emit infrared heat and lock in moisture. Ceramic hair dryers distribute heat more evenly, preventing “hot spots” and minimising heat damage. Tourmaline hair dryers release negative ions for a smoother finish.
- Wattage and weight. Higher wattage means stronger airflow and therefore faster dry time. However, higher wattage hair dryers tend to be heavier and harder to control.
- Multiple speed and heat settings. High speed and heat is best for drying hair quickly, while a lower speed and heat provides more styling control and limits tangling and frizziness.
- A cool shot button provides a burst of cool air that seals the hair cuticle, making hair look smoother and shinier.
- A hanging loop is useful for storing your hair dryer out the way while it cools down.
Everybody’s hair is unique, requiring different temperatures and nozzles, so variety is a must. Ionic technology is also the new normal nowadays, neutralising any frizz-inducing atoms.
For more than 50 years the pioneering brand BaByliss is by your side in everyday life to strengthen your style by offering you beauty tips of professional quality. To find the perfect BaByliss hair dryer, we took a few things into account. With so many options, anything that might remotely damage our hair was out.